Millions of people have been impressed by the ketogenic diet. It’s more of a lifestyle than a simple diet. Unlike regular diets, a keto diet plan will put your body in a state of ketosis and help it produce ketones which will provide the fuel that we need. It’s a diet that shifts our metabolism to a much better state and one that can help us in the fight against serious diseases.
Foods to Eat on a Ketogenic Diet
Many people are rightfully confused over the macronutrient ratio in regards to the keto diet and the foods to eat. The top meal plans include 5% carbs, 75% protein, and 20% fats. The numbers can be slightly tweaked but this ratio is generally considered the best.
There’s no easy keto diet plan to follow. Each one requires you to sacrifice some of your favorite meals. However, there are plenty of great keto alternatives to popular food, so you won’t miss a lot. The best keto diet will include foods that won’t put you over the daily net carb allotment while giving your body the energy it needs.
Below you can see a custom keto meal plan you can follow for a week as a beginner to see if the keto diet really works. This meal plan is generally easy to follow, so you shouldn’t have trouble preparing the meals or scratching things off the keto grocery list when you go to the market.
>>Click Here To Start Creating Your Personalized Diet Plan Now<<
7 Day Keto Diet Plan
- Breakfast: butter-scrambled eggs with some lettuce and avocado
- Mid-day snack: half a handful of sunflower seeds
- Lunch: grilled salmon and spinach salad
- Snack: celery sticks with a guacamole dip
- Dinner: pork chops with red cabbage and mashed cauliflower
- Breakfast: a cup of bulletproof coffee (with coconut oil) and a few hardboiled eggs
- Mid-day snack: half a handful of macadamia nuts
- Lunch: a cup of tuna salad and tomatoes
- Snack: beef roast & cheese roll-ups
- Dinner: zucchini noodles with meatballs and cream sauce
- Breakfast: veggies & cheese omelet with salsa
- Mid-day snack: a cup of Greek yogurt with crushed pecans
- Lunch: sushimi and miso soup
- Snack: almond milk, almond butter, greens, and protein powder smoothie
- Dinner: chicken (roasted) with sautéed mushrooms and steamed asparagus
- Breakfast: almond milk, almond butter, greens, and protein powder smoothie
- Mid-day snack: 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Lunch: roasted chicken tenders with almond flour, goat cheese, & cucumbers
- Snack: bell pepper & cheese slices
- Dinner: shrimps (grilled) with steamed asparagus and lemon butter sauce
- Breakfast: bacon & greens-fried eggs
- Mid-day snack: walnuts and berries
- Lunch: grass-fed burger in a lettuce bun with avocado and green salad
- Snack: celery sticks in almond butter
- Dinner: tofu with broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, and rice topped with peanut sauce (homemade)
- Breakfast: avocado cups baked eggs
- Mid-day snack: DIY kale chips
- Lunch: poached avocado-salmon rolls in seaweed
- Snack: turkey or pork
- Dinner: beef kebabs with sautéed broccoli and peppers
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with veggies and salsa
- Mid-day snack: seaweed strips and cheese
- Lunch: sardine salad with avocado and a bit of mayo
- Snack: turkey jerky
- Dinner: boiled trout with sautéed bok choy and butter
Does This Keto Meal Plan Work?
If you follow it properly, then yes, this custom keto meal plan works great. Keep in mind that you can only drink coffee and tea with no sugar and plenty of water. Alcoholic beverages are allowed in moderation, but stick to light varieties and definitely no cocktails. Regular beer is out of the question too, but you can drink a glass of red or white wine.
Follow this diet properly and you will lose weight in a short time while also giving your health a great boost.