What is Skin Icing?
A popular, yet controversial technique for some experts, skin icing is a cold therapy that is supposed to make your skin look better. Cold therapies and cryotherapies are commonly used in a beauty salon as a ‘remedy’ for wrinkles and similar skin problems. For example, some use them to destroy fat cells or spider veins. Skin icing has a wide range of uses and can definitely help your skin look better.
Of course, not everyone recommends it. Many experts believe that it can harm the skin more than it could help it. No matter your opinion, the fact remains that it’s a popular remedy among Asian women as a way to fight wrinkles and saggy skin.
Skin Icing Benefits
As mentioned, the technique has a wide range of benefits for our facial skin. It’s not a full-blown de-aging method, better take a look at skin icing before and after pics online and you’ll see that it can tighten the skin pretty nicely. Here are some of its benefits:
- Fights wrinkles
- Eliminates blemishes and acne
- Promotes blood circulation in the face
- Refreshes the skin
- Shrinks enlarged pores
These are just some of the benefits of this great technique. It has been used for quite a long time and the skincare industry is just now recognizing skin icing benefits.
How Do You Do It?
You don’t have to pay to enjoy the benefits of this technique. In fact, celebrity facialists say that you can simply rub an ice cube on your face every day and get more or less the same benefits. Make sure to do it after you’ve cleaned your face nicely. Your pores need to be clean so the technique can do its magic.
Ice will tighten your skin and pores and reduce swelling and inflammation. Skin icing can also help in cases of skin irritation and eliminate blemishes. When you’re done with the treatment, apply a high-quality moisturizer on your face. Repeat the routine often and you will see the benefits of skin icing. How often you do it depends completely on you. However, most experts recommend doing it daily.
Below we take a look at the biggest skin icing benefits when you use the technique properly.
When applied to the skin, the ice cubes help boost blood circulation which gives it a healthy natural glow. To give the skin a more radiant glow use ice fruit cubes.
Dark Circle Treatment
A combination of rose water and cucumber juice when frozen can be used under the eye circles. This combination will reduce the puffiness in your face and make you look better.
Ice cubes can help reduce the redness and inflammation caused by blemishes and pimples. You can apply them directly on the affected areas just for a few seconds until it feels numb. You can do this every other day at night.
Ice cubes are a cheap toner or skin smoother. You can use this method before applying the makeup. It will minimize the pores and leave your foundation flawless and smooth.
Skin icing reduces the appearance of wrinkles just like the popular Tanaka facial massage. This technique will also ease the signs of aging.
If you don’t have time to put on makeup, apply the ice cubes with a cloth wrap in order to get the fresh and radiant look without the traces of makeup. You will get a more natural look.
Skin Icing Tips
- Skin icing can be done without the use of cloth wrap, but remember to wear the gloves in order to hold the ice properly.
- Use cloth wrap or wash cloth to apply the ice on the skin. That will have the same effect like when you apply the ice directly on the face.
- The extreme cold can easily break the capillaries under the skin, so don’t use the ice cubes directly from the freezer if you want to use a bare ice cube.
- If the cold from the ice cube becomes too uncomfortable, stop the process. Avoid icing one place for more than 15 min.
- Don’t use bare ice cubes on the skin that has already broken capillaries or don’t use the ice for a long time.
- Fill the water for the ice cubes with cucumber, lemon, rose water, green tea, chamomile tea and other safe ingredients depending on your type of skin.
You can also look at this video for a more detailed explanation. Share this article with your friends that might need this.