Are you suffering from back pain? Nowadays, it is one of the most common health problems. It usually occurs are a result of poor physical activity.
Back pain, also known as lumbago, witch stab, and hexenschuss, is a serious health issue. The spine is a vertebra set, which includes 12 thoracic, 7 cervical, 5 lumbar mobile, cartilage rings, nerves, muscles, blood vessels, and ligaments, which form an assembly that holds the body.
In addition, the vertebrae resemble a tube with a canal in the middle. The extremities’’ nerve roots and spinal cord are located there. The spine has many functions. It keeps the body in a straight position and enhances some of the mechanical actions, such as bending, twisting, training, and so on. Some parts of the body have high mobility, whereas others have no mobility at all.
How to treat back pain?
The comfrey plant is an herb that grows on moist fields and meadows. A few ointments contain this herb, which is considered to help relieve back pain in a couple of days. A research carried out at the German Sports University in Bonn, found out that the roots of comfrey contain potent healing properties that can reduce the pain in the back.
Herbalists have been using comfrey’s roots and leaves to treat health ailments for many years. Comfrey gel and lotion can help treat joint and muscle pain, ankle sprains, osteoarthritis, and so on. It also appears to work by reducing swelling and inflammation and stimulating blood circulation. There have not been any adverse effects from using comfrey.
How to prepare comfrey ointment at home?
The first step of making a comfrey ointment is to prepare infused oil. To prepare infused oil, you will need:
- Jar with an airtight lid
- Almond oil
- Comfrey root
How to prepare infused oil?
- Harvest a few comfrey roots. Clean and dry them.
- Chop the comfrey roots into small pieces.
- Place the roots into a jar.
- Pour almond oil until it covers the roots.
- Close the jar and shake it.
- Keep the jar 30 days – 6 weeks in a cool and dark place.
- Shake the jar once in a while.
- After 6 weeks, place the roots in a wet cloth and squeeze the oil.
How to prepare comfrey ointment?
1. You will need these ingredients:
- 5 drops of lavender oil
- Half a teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 200 grams of infused comfrey oil (approximately a cup)
- 25 grams of beeswax (approximately 1/3 cup)
- A jar
- Double boiler
2. Preparation method:
- In a double boiler, add beeswax and comfrey oil and melt them over low heat.
- Let it cool and add vitamin E oil.
- Pour the mixture into a jar.
- It lasts 2 – 5 days if it is stored properly.
- Apply 4 grams of comfrey ointment on your back three times a day for 5 days.
- If you experience adverse effects, such as cold, nausea, eczema, or runny nose, stop using it.