After we finish work, we feel tired and stressed. Wearing high heels or uncomfortable shoes can be the main reason for our tiredness.
Even when we feel tired, we rarely take care of our feet. Varicose veins, cracked heels, fungal infections are common foot issues. However, there are plenty of natural treatments that can help you relieve these issues.
Having a warm and soothing bath will relieve the foot pain that you feel. Moreover, it will eliminate bacteria and fungi, and remove toxins from the body. It will also enhance your overall health.
To get better results and increase the levels of iodine in the body, you can add salt to the soak.
Here is how to prepare a soothing foot soak:
1. You will need these ingredients:
- A bowl of hot water
- Lemon juice
- Mint tea
- Peppermint oil
- In a bowl with hot water, add all the ingredients.
- Soak the feet in the water for 15 minutes.
- Scrub the feet with a pumice stone to eliminate dead skin cells.
- Clean the feet with water.
Benefits of bath foot soak
Epsom salt, which is rich in magnesium, relieves stress, eliminates toxins from the body, and enhances overall health.
Moreover, a warm foot soak improves the stimulation of reflexology points on the feet, relieves the nerves, soothes the mind, and calms down the body.
Except for peppermint essential oil, you can also use cedar wood oil, cypress oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, wintergreen oil, etc.
- Wintergreen oil is considered an aspirin. It relieves swelling and pain and offers and cooling sensation to tired feet.
- Rosemary oil possesses antiseptic properties and relieves tired muscles.
- Lavender oil can be used to relieve sore muscles and joints and relax the body.
- Juniper berry oil eliminates pain in the muscles, especially pain caused by arthritis.
- Cypress oil is a natural antiseptic deodorant. You can add it to your foot soak if you suffer from a blister or foot odor.
- Cedar wood oil possesses anti-fungal and antiseptic properties, which make it a great natural remedy for Athlete’s Foot.
It is also considered that a foot detox method can improve mood, regulate the pH levels in the body, relieve stress, boost the immune system, treat swelling, enhance weight loss, eliminate harmful bacteria and toxins, and improve heart health.