Sore throat pain can be very irritating and occurs as a result of pharynx inflammation. The pharynx is a tube that extends from the mouth to the esophagus.
Even though there are many medicines that can help soothe pain in the throat, always opt for natural alternatives. Lemon tea is a case in point. This tea is very beneficial for sore throat. It is easy to prepare – all you need is honey and lemons.
Lemon tea recipe to treat sore throat
Here is how to prepare it:
- Wash them lemons by soaking them in a bowl of water and apple cedar vinegar. Let them stay for 20 minutes. Then, rinse them with cold water.
- Slice the lemons and put the lemon slices into a preserving jar.
- Fill the jar with honey and store it in the refrigerator.
For best results, use organic lemons and raw honey.
Why is lemon good for a sore throat?
Lemons are very beneficial for relieving sore throat, as they can:
- Ease pain and soothe inflammation due to their high content of citric acid
- Break down the mucus that leads to sore throat
- Kill bacteria in the throat thanks to their potent antiseptic properties
- Boost the immunity system due to their Vitamin C content
- Prevent the buildup of germs
- Keep the throat moist and reduce the formation of mucus in the throat
- Shrink the swollen pharynx due to their astringent properties