Thanks to its high content of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, and antioxidants, pomegranate is one of the healthiest fruits in the world.
It offers numerous health benefits. It possesses anti-viral, anti-oxidant, and anti-cancer properties and it is loaded with folic acid and vitamins, such as vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin C.
According to studies, pomegranate juice can reduce the risk of heart issues and promote overall health. Moreover, studies found out that pomegranate can:
- Reduce the plague amount in the arteries
- Lower the level of oxidative stress
- Prevent ECG abnormalities
- Reduce the risk of cardiac enlargement
- Lower the accumulation of lipids in the heart muscle
- Reduce chemokine production (a chemical messenger) linked to artery inflammation
Also, studies indicated that the regular use of pomegranate juice can hinder carotid artery stenosis by 29% within a year.
10 Health benefits of pomegranates
There are numerous health benefits of pomegranates, including:
1. Pomegranate juice contains antioxidants
The peel and juice of pomegranates are loaded with punicalagin, a potent antioxidant. Moreover, their seeds are rich in punicic acid, which possesses many health benefits.
2. Pomegranate juice is loaded with essential nutrients
Pomegranates contain antioxidant properties, which prevent oxidative cell damage. Namely, a cup of pomegranate seeds contains:
- 7 grams of fiber
- 144 calories
- 3 grams of protein
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
3. Pomegranate juice possesses potent anti-inflammatory properties
Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, pomegranates can reduce inflammation and thus reduce the risk of obesity, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Pomegranate juice fights bacterial and fungal infections
The active components of pomegranate juice get rid of bacteria from the body and prevent fungal infections.
5. Pomegranate juice regulates blood pressure
It is considered that the consumption of pomegranate juice (150 ml) per day for 2 weeks can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
6. Pomegranate juice improves memory
Pomegranate juice is loaded with polyphenols, which are related to improved memory. Also, studies showed that consuming pomegranate juice daily can improve memory performance.
7. Pomegranate juice hydrates skin
Dermatologists claim that pomegranate can rejuvenate dry and dull skin. It is also a good source of vitamin C, which, if applied topically, can improve the brightness and texture of the skin.
8. Pomegranate juice fights and prevents cancer
According to studies, pomegranate juice can fight certain types of cancer. The anti-inflammatory properties and the high content of polyphenols protect DNA mutations, prevent cancer from spreading, and hinder cancer cell growth. Moreover, studies show that pomegranate juice can fight prostate, lung, colon, and breast cancer.
9. Pomegranate juice enhances hair growth
Pomegranate juice is packed with antioxidants that enhance hair follicles, improve blood flow in the scalp, and stimulate hair growth.
10. Pomegranate juice treats rheumatoid arthritis
Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, pomegranate juice can reduce swelling, pain, and joint tenderness. Moreover, it can help hinder the production of an enzyme that worsens the symptoms of arthritis by destroying cartilage.
Therefore, take a look at the video below and find out how to prepare pomegranate juice at your home.