As you get older, you may start to experience health problems that you didn’t have when you were younger. Arthritis caused by an excess of uric acid in the joints known as gouty arthritis is one such issue.
Uric acid is a by-product of your body’s natural processes. It’s found in your blood, and it’s excreted in your urine. If your blood contains too much uric acid, it may crystallize. These crystals can build up in your joints and cause discomfort, swelling, and inflammation.
What causes uric acid to be formed in the body?
Uric acid is a by-product of purines’ breakdown, which may be found in several foods. When purines are broken down, they release uric acid into the bloodstream. Normally, uric acid is filtered out of the body through urine by the kidneys.
However, sometimes the kidneys are unable to keep up with the amount of uric acid being produced. When this happens, uric acid can build up in the blood and form crystals. These crystals can deposit in joints and other tissues, causing pain and inflammation. People who eat a lot of purine-rich foods or who have certain medical conditions are more likely to develop high levels of uric acid in their blood.
When this happens, uric acid can build up in the bloodstream and form crystals in the joints, a condition is known as gout. There are many ways to remove uric acid crystallization from the body. One way is to take medications that will dissolve the crystals. However, this can be expensive and may not be covered by insurance.
Fortunately, there are several natural treatments for this condition! A healthy lifestyle and balanced nutrition, on the other hand, can help to cure gout attacks and reduce their frequency.
Here are some helpful hints to get you started!
How to Get Rid of Uric Acid Crystals in the Body Naturally
- Optimizing vitamin C levels in the body can be very beneficial when treating gout.
- Make it a habit to drink lots of fresh vegetable and fruit juices, sugar-free herbal teas, and, of course, water.
- Fish, poultry, and red meat should be avoided completely. It’s better to eat no more than 4-6 ounces weekly.
- Avoid fructose corn syrup-containing foods.
- Sugar-sweetened beverages should be avoided.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Reduce consumption of sweets, cakes, and white bread.
You can treat gout with the following easy and natural treatments:
- Every morning, on an empty stomach, drink a glass of lemon water. By doing this you will alkalize your body and you will contribute to the prevention of creating uric crystals.
- Drink water mixed with apple cider vinegar every day to alkalize your body and get rid of uric acid. The best time to do this – is right before lunch and dinner.
- Drinking water with baking soda or sodium bicarbonate can help to lower uric acid levels in the body.
You might try adding more of the items on this list to your diet:
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains a potent anti-inflammatory agent in curcumin, which means it is beneficial to our kidneys’ performance.
- Berries, cherries, grapes – Consume these fruits very often because they are high in proanthocyanidin and anthocyanidin which are very anti-inflammatory components.
- Parsley – The parsley is very very high in flavonoids, which can reduce uric acid levels in our bodies. These flavonoids are present in the kaempferol and quercetin.
- Flaxseed – These seeds can help to decrease the uric acid serum in people with gout, according to research conducted by the Federal Fluminense University.
- Pineapple – Due to its abundance of bromelain, it has potent anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects.
- Extract of ‘Devil’s Claw’ – It’s good for you because it contains powerful anti-inflammatory chemicals, which were discovered by the University Hospital in Zurich.
- Epsom salt will greatly help. Soak the big toe in a water solution with Epsom salt, a few times a week
- Putting hot and cold compresses helps to reduce the swelling and the pain. Have it for 15 minutes every couple of hours.
Add this homemade juice to your everyday life so you can get rid of uric acid levels in your body:
- 1 medium-sized grapefruit
- 2 inches of fresh ginger
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
Put all of these ingredients in your blender and blend it for a few moments till the mixture is homogeneous. Drink this home remedy every day and prepare for the benefits that come along.