We can solve many problems in our houses in a much easier way that is healthy at the same time. Instead of using chemical products, you can clean your home using natural items.
Natural cleaning items are not only more effective and harmless, but they are also cheaper than the ones bought in the store. White vinegar is one of the best cleaning solutions. It takes away odors and stains and softens towels that are hardened. What makes it so powerful is its acidity. If you know how to apply it, you will get extremely good results that will make you happier.
How to prepare and use vinegar for cleaning?
Vinegar can eliminate bad odors from clothes because it destroys the bacteria that are the reason for them. Fill your washer with hot water, add two cups of distilled vinegar and the moldy clothes. Wash them with the normal cycle. When you rinse them, add one cup of distilled vinegar. If your clothes have very strong odors, presoak them in cold water with one cup of vinegar, and leave them for twenty minutes. Then, wash them in the washing machine.
On the places that are stained, spray vinegar and let them stay for 15 minutes, and wash them afterward. If your clothes have milder stains, soak them in warm water mixed with 1 cup of vinegar. If the stains are stubborn, make a paste from vinegar and baking soda and apply it to the stains directly.
Vinegar is excellent for white clothes and towels. In hot water add 2 cups of vinegar and leave this mixture stay the whole night. In the morning, soak the whites in the water to get rid of stubborn stains.
When you wash dark colored clothes, add one cup of distilled vinegar for the final rinse cycle.
When your clothes are dyed, to reverse the damage add a cup of vinegar along with the regular detergent to the wash cycle.
If you want to make your clothes, linens, and towels softer, add a half cup of vinegar to your fabric softener dispenser.
Useful tips to follow:
- Distilled white vinegar is a better option if you use it only for laundry, as it doesn’t contain tannins that stain the clothes.
- If you use cider vinegar, make sure you use less amount and add some water to it to dilute it before using it for cleaning your clothes.
- If the vinegar is too concentrated, it can stain clothes made from delicate material.
- Mixing vinegar and detergent is not advisable. So, it is better to first wash your clothes using a detergent, and then put them to the rinse cycle and add the vinegar.
- Vinegar can be very strong, so first check whether your washing machine can withstand it.
- The excessive use of vinegar can clog pipes and hoses causing damage to the washing machine. Therefore, use it sparingly.
Vinegar is not only very useful to clean your clothes. It is also a great cleaning tool for your kitchen and for removing stains from furniture and carpet in your home.
It is a safe and inexpensive product that can make your cleaning time easier and more efficient. Using it you will avoid all harsh chemicals, and still have bright, soft, white, and laundry without any odor!