The store-bought fabric softeners are loaded with chemicals, which can lead to allergic reactions. They enter your body through the skin and can cause serious health issues. For instance, fabric softeners have phthalates, a chemical compound that increased the risk of hormonal disbalance.
In this article, we will show you how to prepare a home-made fabric softener.
How to prepare a natural fabric softener at home?
You will need these ingredients:
- 10 grams of baking soda
- 150 – 200 ml of hot water
- 800 ml of apple cedar vinegar
- 20 drops of some essential oil
- A container with a tight lid (a softener tank)
2. Preparation method:
- In a plastic container of 4 liters, add the hot water, the baking soda, and the apple cedar vinegar. Make sure the container is large because the ingredients will lead to a bubble reaction.
- Then, add 20 drops of some essential oil such as lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, lemon oil, and so on.
- Close the container and shake it.
- Pour the mixture into a softener tank.
- Use 4 tablespoons of the natural softener for one use.
- Before use, shake the mixture.
Low-cost and easy to make, these natural fabric softeners will make your laundry smelling and soft. The baking soda will make the clothes white and will get rid of the stubborn stains. As it is an alkaline substance, it can neutralize the acid in stubborn stains caused by urine, vomit, and other cleaners. It is also environmentally friendly and is great for people, who have sensitive skin. Moreover, it will not harm fragile fabrics and will remove bad odor.