Chinese medicine believes that some foot points are closely related to the body organs. Therefore, by massaging the foot points we can improve the proper functioning of the body systems.
2-minute Chinese foot massage to eliminate many health issues
LV3 or Tai Chong is a foot point, which is located above the joint of your big and second toe. All you need to do is to slide a finger from the big toe and the second toe to the metatarsal joint. When you find it, massage this point for a few seconds. Then, press it with your finger in a counterclockwise motion. Make a pause of 5 seconds and repeat it for another 2 minutes.
Health benefits of the Chinese foot massage
There are numerous health benefits of Chinese foot massage. It is considered that the massage of Tai Chong can help treat numerous health ailments, such as anxiety, stress, headaches, anger, eye issues, insomnia, digestive problems, pain in the back, high levels of blood pressure, liver issues, genital pain, limb pain, canker sores, and menstrual pain.
In addition, studies have shown that the Chinese foot massage can help reduce the risk of post-stroke depression and hypertension.
The Chinese foot massage has gain popularity in recent years. Chinese culture is the most ancient culture, which has been advanced in the world of body remedies and medicine. It is renowned for offering the world many cures in different ways. The Chinese foot massage is one of the best ways to relax the mind and the body.
How to give Chinese foot massage therapy at home?
Even though it is best carried out by a masseur, here are a few steps on how to do a Chinese foot massage at home:
- The person, who needs the foot massage, should sit comfortably on a chair or sofa.
- Place a bucket of lukewarm water and dip the person’s feet in the water.
- Add herbs and tea powder into the water.
- Allow the person to soak their feet for 8 – 10 minutes.
- While the person’s feet soak in the water, massage gently their neck, shoulders, and back.
- Then, remove the feet from the water and them with a towel
- Apply some essential oil or cream to the person’s feet and start to massage them.
- Apply some pressure on the foot points and massage the feet to provide relief.
The Chinese foot massage is one of the best ways to relax and de-stress yourself and your loved ones in the comfort of your home.